Privately-held real estate investment firm headquartered in Rosemont, IL seeks a full-time Property Coordinator to join our expanding team in our Rosemont office. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the real estate industry for one of the top 20 global industrial real estate owners. Our current portfolio spans 27 states and encompasses over 52 million square feet, and our organization demonstrates a proven track record as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and vision for the future.
Under the general supervision of the Midwest Region’s Managing Principal and day-to-day direction of the Property Managers, the Property Coordinator will collaborate with the Operations, Accounting and Leasing teams to help manage a portfolio of assets located in the Midwest Region. The Property Coordinator will be responsive to customer, investor, and lender needs while completing multiple administrative tasks daily. The position will be fast-paced, requiring the Property Coordinator to handle time-sensitive and/or confidential issues.
- Process A/P invoices (coding, entering and obtaining proper approvals).
- Assist in A/R process, updating tracking spreadsheets for tenant rent collections.
- Arrange for utility transfers upon acquisition and/or disposition of an asset; also, arrange for transfers upon tenant move out or move in.
- Review vendor statements, obtain outstanding invoices for processing.
- Be the first responder to tenant calls and requests. Utilize Building Engines work order software to respond and review to work order requests and follow up with tenants upon completion.
- Utilize Building Engines software to input, update and verify tenant and vendor certificates of insurance, coverage, and additional insured.
- Assist with tenant relation activities (email blasts, events, gifts, surveys, etc.).
- Complete expense reports for property managers and submit for approval and processing.
- Prepare vendor contracts, manage/organize the completed documents and enter into Building Engines upon execution.
- Collaborate with Operations team on property tax appeal documentation and other administrative tasks related to property tax appeals.
- All other administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Requires 1-3 years’ experience in Administration or related field and/or training.
- Ability to use computer software and web-based applications.
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- Execute responsibilities with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Ability to collaborate with operations, accounting and leasing team members to complete various projects and assignments.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to communicate via email with customers, vendors, and internal team members.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks daily with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines.
- Positive, proactive work ethic and approach.
- College degree preferred.
Compensation/Benefits: Our comprehensive benefits offerings include highly competitive compensation (with annual bonus), full medical benefits, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with employer match.